Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Surprising Me Everyday

Today we had Reach over to finish our transitioning to School assessment.

It always amazes me how far he's come. This child used to scream and cry when strangers came near him or tried to talk to him. It was traumatic for him to even go to the mall and shop with us don't even get me started on doctors appointments.

Today, he knew Peggy he's met her once before and instead of being distressed about her visiting him he was EXCITED. I know a lot of parents won't realize what an amazing thing this is...but it is basically a miracle.

My son has zero attention span. I try to teach him something? No way! He wants nothing to do with it and wants me to be quiet. Watching him with her was like another child had taken up residence in my own.

He listened, and stayed focused, and tried hard to do whatever she asked of him.

I haven't been given the results of the assessment yet, but I'm hoping that she sees in him what i do. I admit, there are things he's behind in but he's made such progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment