Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

To School or Not To School

This question has been bugging me for MONTHS. I don't know if parents of healthy children stress this much about school but it has made me lose a LOT of sleep.

If I send him, will it be too early? Where I live you can send your child to school the year they turn 4 or the latest is the year they turn 5. Jeffrey turned 4 in January.

If I send him early, will it stress him out and school will be forever ruined for him? He gets sick easily, will he get really sick? What if he falls? He's on blood thinners...what if no one notices and he bleeds internally? If he goes how tired is he going to be, will he be able to make it all day every day?

If I don't send him, how behind will he be? Maybe he would've been fine and happier. His social skills would get better definitely. Will he never catch up? Am I starting to stick him in a bubble and attempting to keep him from the world? I need to learn to let him go and spread his wings but I don't want to be kicking him out of the nest.

I've registered him I decided to do a trial run I can always take him out if its not working. I feel this is my best option.

I never expected these decisions to be so difficult. Even heart surgery isn't a hard decision, he needs it end of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment